Monday, February 20, 2012

10 Questions/10 Answers

In an effort to make my blog more interesting to write and ultimately more interesting to read I will answer ten questions today since I have the time and the motivation! The questions will be from this list:
50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind originally I was directed to these questions by posts from my friend's blog: Noise With Dirt (check her out, she's totes funny, sweet, interesting and inspiring.)

  1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? Some days I feel like I am 18 and other days I feel 102, but if I had to settle on an age I would say about 22. I feel way younger than my actual age most of the time, perhaps because I'm one of the youngest at my work and I often feel I've yet to mature in many ways. I still feel like I'm waiting to grow up.
  2. Which is worse, failing or never trying? I struggle with this, no one likes to be a failure myself included and often times I will not do something rather than fail at it, especially if it is sports related. I want to go back to school but am scared I will fail so I haven't taken that first step yet. It's definitely worse not to try.
  3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do? It's a trade off, we all have to do things we don't like, pay bills, go to work, leave our loved ones, children etc... unless one is very fortunate to be born incredibly well off we all have to do what we have to, to do what we want later. Some of us never get a later, and that's unfortunate. Blessed are those who do what they love every day. The rest of us have to find a balance. Life is fleeting, never seems that way when we are young but the older we become the faster it flies by.
  4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done? I hope I will have done more than I've said, but as verbose as I am, I'm sure I will have said way more. I am trying to do more for others and more for myself as it's important to not neglect yourself and truly I'm guilty of forgetting myself.
  5. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world? I would want everyone to be free and have the freedoms that I take for granted daily. I don't think any of us realize how blessed we are in the USA.
  6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich? Nursing. If I could become a nurse I know I would finally have a job that would be impossibly hard at times and exhausting but rewarding beyond measure. Ideally I would be a hospice or elder nurse. I only wish I would have listened to others when I first went to college and pursued it then, perhaps I would have finished and truly be fulfilling my calling.
  7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing? I am completely settling. Without a doubt, my job pays the bills (barely) it is neither exciting or fulfilling. I am envious and almost in awe of those who are inspired and driven by what they do for a living. I am not my job and my job is not my life. I wish that were different, but perhaps one day it will be.
  8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? Well crap at almost 38 I would have probably accepted that proposal at 23. But seriously I don't know, everything I've done or haven't done has led to this point and honestly I'm happy, truly. Sure things are still up in the air, but for once I'm not treading water, I feel like I can touch the bottom and I'm not drowning.
  9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken? 360 degrees... I don't believe in predestination or destiny. I truly believe we were created and given free will. If someone or some Being is controlling or driving this ship than I can just sit back and no do anything right? I'll still end up in the same place with the same results. Wouldn't that be insane to think, no matter what you do, you'll end up in the same place? How depressing. I haven't always made the wisest choices or taken the best path, but I own them, they're mine. Good, bad or indifferent this is where I am and who I am. I'm always a work in progress.
  10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? Ah yet another struggle. I am a perfectionist at times, but I do always try to do the right thing. I try to do everything to the best of my ability and to never do something at the expense of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment