Monday, February 20, 2012

Thoughts on Valentine's Day


So I know I promised like a dozen posts, I had something yesterday I wanted to blog and dang if I can remember it... I don't want to be that girl that finds herself a guy and suddenly all her blog posts and Tweets and Facebook updates are lovey dovey... cause well that's not terrible, but let's be honest a bit gag worthy. lol But I had the first decent Valentine's Day in a really long time, so long I can't even remember that last time I had a decent one. I know some don't like the day saying it's all BS and only for the pockets of the flower/card/candy companies etc... and while that may have some validity I truly have never been down on the day even when I've been single, which let's be honest has been more often than not. I think it's sweet to give a little something extra on that day to your sweetie or even your friends/family.

My Valentine and I didn't discuss the impending day. Our relationship is relatively new and while it's going really well, we aren't at the "love" stage just yet and it's hard to navigate that day without saying too much. I knew I was going to give him a card and something else, but I honestly didn't expect or need anything from him. Boy was I going to be surprised. He has his children every Tuesday so I knew we wouldn't be spending it together which in truth is all I really need that day or any day. I bought him 2 cards, one was an inside joke from my cat and I wrote something from the heart on the inside of the other one. I also bought him some peanut butter hearts, and Nerds candy and a NERD shirt from The Nerd Machine because he must assimilate. He loved all of it. We had a date night Monday night 2/13/12 and he greeted me at the door with a kiss and as he closed the door he turned and hidden behind his back he handed me a dozen long stem red roses. I was stunned speechless which if you've met me is quite the feat. I honestly had no words. They were the most beautiful things I've ever seen. Brings tears to my eyes right now just thinking about it. They are still beautiful a week later. That moment will bring a smile to my face a hundred years from now. I don't even know if he knows how much that meant. I don't even know if I could express it to him. Sigh. Yeah I know... lol

No comments:

Post a Comment