Monday, February 20, 2012

30 days...


Fast forward through 10 amazing dates... which I won't bore you with like the first date redux... haha. Yes I am seeing the most amazing guy from that first date. The computer matched us superbly well. From the goofiest nerdiest things to simple things,like I love tomatoes, he hates them, bonus for me I get all the 'maters!!! lol I am so enjoying getting to know him. I truly couldn't be happier or more content. For the first time ever in my life I am content with him and when I am not with him. I've never experienced that peace before. Certainly my preference is to be in the same room with him, even with just my feet tucked under him while I read and he works on his laptop, but even when I can't be I'm not spazzy and in a panic feeling like I have to spend every free available moment with him. It's amazing what happens when a man is open and honest and treats me well. I'm like a completely different person. Not with my friends that know me I'm always myself, but with men in the past, there was always a long period of distrust. I'm not a particularly trusting person especially with my heart. But I feel so blessed and truly honored to have met this person. I know we are both still sort of trying to adjust to having someone in our lives that wants to be there and is consistent and honest and open. I don't know that it's something either of us have had either ever or in a really long while. I'm not over thinking things like I usually do, I'm just enjoying every moment. I honestly can't express how that makes me feel. I can't believe tomorrow is only a month since our first date. It seems so much longer, in the best way. Sigh... 3 months ago I didn't think I would ever stop hurting. I thought I was truly broken and destined to remain so forever. Now I have someone who looks forward to seeing me and texts me just to say he misses me face. I don't know what the future holds, but I truly hope that he's by my side holding my hand. <3

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for being in a grown up relationship! And thank you for giving me hope! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! YAY!!!! I'm a grown up! lol

    ReplyDelete